The Netherlands takes part in Expo 2020 with a unique pavilion that functions as a climate system and showcases the innovative strength of our nation. We share our knowledge and skills in the field of sustainability and we take our visitors on a journey while we create our water from dry dessert air, generate our electricity and harvest our food. Ultimately delighting them with an experience that appeals to all five senses.
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic and professional people that help us create the best Expo experience.
We are looking for new colleagues in Dubai in the field of:
:: Deputy Pavilion Director (40h / week) Learn more…
:: Finance Controller (40h / week) Learn more…
:: Communication advisor (40h / week) Learn more…
Food & Beverage professionals
:: Hospitality Supervisors (40h / week) Learn more…
:: Hosts/ Hostesses (40h / week) Learn more…
:: Kitchen assistant (40h / week) Learn more…
:: Bartenders / Baristas (40h / week) Learn more…
:: Waiters / Waitresses (40h / week) Learn more…
You will be part of an energetic team and collaborate with people from all over the world. You will report to The Netherlands Pavilion Director, Mr. Niels Bouwman and the GL events Management team.
Our values are:
- We treat people with dignity and respect.
- We collaborate effectively with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- We embrace various perspectives to make better decisions.
- We are down to earth and keep our promises.
- We are pro-active and communicate openly.
- We inspire each other to deliver the best visitor experience.
- We foster freedom, responsibility and empowerment.
- We are humble about individual competencies and know that we are stronger as a team.
- We work hard, laugh loud and celebrate our successes.
- It concerns a temporary position for a 7 months starting from mid September 2021 until April 2022. You might start earlier
- The Expo opens its doors 7 days a week, from 10 AM-01 AM on weekdays and until 02 AM in weekends. Although you work 40 hours a week, you need to be available on non-office hours, including weekends depending on the event planning of the pavilion.
- Work in a truly sustainable environment where innovations happen.
- Experience and represent the Netherlands conviviality.
- Meet new cultures and collaborate with people from all over the world.
- Improve your knowledge and skills.
- Be part of one of the world’s leading events.
Do you want to join the Netherlands in uniting water, energy and food for a happy and sustainable planet? Then please send your application letter and resume before March 15 2021 to Laarni Cañedo, GL events, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A personality test might be part of the selection procedure.
About GL events
GL events is a global leading player in the event market through its three core activities: services for trade fairs, conventions and events; venue management and exhibition management. Present in more than 20 countries, listed on the Paris Stock Exchange, GL events employs more than 4,500 people and has a turnover of more than 1.173 billion € in 2019.
Established in the UAE since 1997, GL events is one of the leading event company in the region, providing a wide range of solutions for exhibitions, corporate, cultural and sporting events.