We are looking for an passionate and experienced:
Full-time: 40h/week, Location: Dubai, UAE
What you tell your friends you do:
As a Server, you will assist line cooks by completing food preparation tasks in the Netherlands Pavilion. You will provide five-star service, day in day out. And you will play a huge role in delivering the best experience to visitors and VIPs at our unique pavilion. The pavilion is not a building but a biotope in the middle of the desert of Dubai, where we harvest water from desert air, generate electricity and grow food, offering an experience to Expo visitors that appeals to all five senses.
What you really do:
- Greet and serve customers.
- Take accurate food and drinks orders.
- Communicate orders to the bartender/barista.
- Serve food and drink.
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation, and report any problems.
- Arrange and maintain a tidy VIP lounge.
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to the kitchen for cleaning.
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
- Always strive for customer satisfaction.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- A high school diploma; food safety training is a plus.
- Fluency in English; a knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Proven work experience as a Server.
- An attentive and patient attitude.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with an ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Active listening and effective communication skills.
- Team spirit.
- Flexibility to work in shifts.
- You will be part of an energetic team, working with people from all over the world. You will report to VIP Lounge Supervisor.
What you need to know:
- This is a temporary position, for a period of six months, from the third week of September 2021 to April 1, 2022.
- The Expo is open seven days a week, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 AM on weekdays and to 2:00 AM on weekends. The opening hours of the Dutch Pavilion will be from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Although you work 40 hours a week, you need to be available outside traditional office hours, including weekends, depending on the event planning of the pavilion.
- Your remuneration package will consist of a salary in line with local standards, accommodation, a transport allowance, return airfare to your home country, a meal allowance, a visa and insurance.
We are looking for a passionate team player! Are you looking for a once-in-a-lifetime experience? Send your application to join our team.