We are looking for an passionate and experienced:
Kitchen Helping Hands
Full-time: 40h/week, Location: Dubai, UAE
What you tell your friends you do:
As a Kitchen Helping Hand, you will assist line cooks by performing food preparation tasks in the Dutch Pavilion. Together with the cooks you will play an important role in delivering the best food experience to the visitors and VIPs at our unique Pavilion, which is actually a biotope in the middle of the desert of Dubai, where we harvest water from desert air, generate electricity and grow food, offering an experience to Expo visitors that appeals to all five senses.
What you really do:
- Support the day-to-day operations of the kitchen.
- Assist in food preparation, maintain the orderliness of food supplies and equipment, and ensure kitchen equipment is well maintained.
- Work under the supervision of higher-level kitchen staff.
- Assist line cooks by completing food preparation tasks.
- Ensure that all appliances and cooking equipment are properly used and maintained, and possibly perform minor repairs, if
- Take inventory of supplies and food, ensuring that the kitchen always has an accurate record of everything it needs.
- Keepthe kitchen facilities clean and orderly, in compliance with government and company sanitation standards.
- Clean all kitchen surfaces, mop and sweep kitchen floors, put away dishes, pots and pans, organize food, clean out freezers and remove trash.
- Ensure that all dishes are adequately sanitized by maintaining required water temperature and chemical levels.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- A high school diploma or the equivalent (preferred).
- Fluency in English; a command of another language is a plus.
- Prior kitchen experience.
- Food preparation experience.
- A flexible schedule.
- Some familiarity with food and beverage service.
- You will be part of an energetic team, working with people from all over the world. You will report to Cooks and Kitchen Supervisors.
What you need to know:
- This is a temporary position, for a period of six months, from the third week of September 2021 to April 1, 2022.
- The Expo is open seven days a week, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 AM on weekdays and to 2:00 AM on weekends. The opening hours of the Dutch Pavilion will be from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Although you work 40 hours a week, you need to be available outside traditional office hours, including weekends, depending on the event planning of the pavilion.
- Your remuneration package will consist of a salary in line with local standards, accommodation, a transport allowance, return airfare to your home country, a meal allowance, a visa and insurance.
We are looking for a passionate team-player! Are you looking for a lifetime experience? Send your application to join our team.