The Netherlands takes part in Expo 2020 with a unique pavilion that functions as a climate system and showcases the innovative strength of our nation. We share our knowledge and skills in the field of sustainability and we take our visitors on a journey while we create our water, generate our electricity and harvest our food. Ultimately delighting them with an experience that appeals to all five senses.
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic and professional people that help us create the best Expo experience.
Join the Netherlands in Expo 2020 for a happy and sustainable planet!
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic fulltime Deputy Pavilion Director (40 hours/week)
Location: Dubai, UAE
As our Deputy Pavilion Director, you will be responsible for the overall quality, organisation and management of The Netherlands pavilion in collaboration with the Pavilion Director.
- You will build and maintain a team of people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- You are responsible for the line management of the operation teams to ensure staff fulfil their duties efficiently.
- You are the first point of contact (when the pavilion director is not available) for contractors, suppliers, the expo organisation, and more.
- You are welcoming and greeting VIP delegations (consider for instance the Dutch government and executive delegates), both with and without the Pavilion Director.
- You will secure a 5-star Dutch hospitality experience delivery for the duration of the Expo. Guaranteeing the quality and continuity of our hospitality, shop and exhibition concept.
- You are managing the hospitality and facility management supervisors, leading their meetings and evaluate their reports.
- You will act as the liaison between the staff and clients.
- You are capable of dealing with issues as they arise.
- You are responsible for reporting on the operational state of the Dutch Pavilion to the Pavilion Director and GL events.
- You will monitor the contract budget.
- You will ensure compliance with the Expo policy and procedures.
- You are driving the development of the Pavilion’s operational and business model. This includes the financial plan, marketing and human resources.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated high level in written and oral communication skills in English; Dutch language is a plus.
- Ability to manage large and diverse teams.
- Significant experience in hospitality and operation management.
- Extensive experience in operating a large-scale venue, museum or exhibition centre. This includes identifying revenue opportunities and building teams.
- Relevant experience in curating and overseeing the development of exhibits from beginning to end.
You will be part of an energetic team and collaborate with people from all over the world. You will report to The Netherlands Pavilion Director, Mr. Niels Bouwman and the GL events Management team.
- We treat people with dignity and respect.
- We collaborate effectively with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- We embrace various perspectives to make better decisions.
- We are down to earth and keep our promises.
- We are pro-active and communicate openly.
- We inspire each other to deliver the best visitor experience.
- We foster freedom, responsibility and empowerment.
- We are humble about individual competencies and know that we are stronger as a team.
- We work hard, laugh loud and celebrate our successes.
- It concerns a temporary position for a 7 months starting from mid September 2020 until mid April 2021. You might start earlier
- The Expo opens its doors 7 days a week, from 10 AM-01 AM on weekdays and until 02 AM in weekends. Although you work 40 hours a week, you need to be available on non-office hours, including weekends depending on the event planning of the pavilion.
- Work in a truly sustainable environment where innovations happen.
- Experience and represent Dutch conviviality.
- Meet new cultures and collaborate with people from all over the world.
- Improve your knowledge and skills.
- Be part of one of the world’s leading events.
Do you want to join the Netherlands in uniting water, energy and food for a happy and sustainable planet? Then please send your application letter and resume before March 15 2020 to Laarni Cañedo, GL events, email@example.com.
A personality test might be part of the selection procedure.
About GL events
GL events is a global leading player in the event market through its three core activities: services for trade fairs, conventions and events; venue management and exhibition management. Present in more than 20 countries, listed on the Paris Stock Exchange, GL events employs more than 4,500 people and has a turnover of more than 1.173 billion € in 2019.
Established in the UAE since 1997, GL events is one of the leading event company in the region, providing a wide range of solutions for exhibitions, corporate, cultural and sporting events.