We are looking for an experienced and passionate:
Full-time: 40h/week, Location: Dubai, UAE
What you tell your friends you do:
As a Hospitality Supervisor, you will manage the hosts and hostesses at the Dutch Pavilion during Expo 2020. You will play an important role in the experience of visitors to our unique Pavilion in the middle of the desert of Dubai. The pavilion is actually a biotope where we harvest water, generate electricity and grow food, offering an experience to Expo visitors that appeals to all five senses.
What you really do:
- Focus on professionalism and efficiency in all customer service areas.
- Cooperate with Facility Management Supervisor.
- Manage your own shift staff and shape them into a dream team.
- Monitor the flow of various types of visitors and ensure that the Dutch Pavilion is run smoothly.
- Ensure the well-being of staff and enforce the rotating schedule / shift / break system.
- Report upwards as necessary to ensure that the Dutch Pavilion is run smoothly.
- Assist the host / hostess in explaining the visitor journey.
- Deliver five-star service, day in day out,and help to swiftly resolve any complaints.
- Take corrective action and make arrangements for the replacement of Hosts / Hostesses in case of absence.
- Clearly indicate what is expected of delegated tasks.
Our ideal candidate should have the following:
- A high school diploma or equivalent (preferred).
- A demonstrated high level in written and oral communication skills in English; a command of Dutch / Arabic / Hindi / Chinese is a plus.
- Significant experience in hospitality and operation management.
- Extensive experience in managing teams.
- An ability to provide top-notch customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and the ability work well under pressure.
- An ability to perform high-quality work
- Exemplary standards of personal conduct.
- You will be part of an energetic team, working with people from all over the world. You will report to the Deputy Pavilion Director.
What you need to know:
- This is a temporary position, for a period of six months, from the third week of September 2021 to April 1, 2022.
- The Expo is open seven days a week, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 AM on weekdays and to 2:00 AM on weekends. The opening hours of the Dutch Pavilion will be from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Although you work 40 hours a week, you need to be available outside traditional office hours, including weekends,depending on the event planning of the pavilion.
- Your remuneration package will consist of a salary in line with local standards, accommodation, a transport allowance, return airfare to your home country, a meal allowance, a visa and insurance.
We are looking for a passionate team player! Are you looking for a once-in-a-lifetime experience? Send your application to join our team.