We are looking for an experienced and strong analytic:
What you tell your friends you do:
As our Financial Controller, you will be responsible for managing accounting records, overseeing accounting operations and analyzing the financial data of the Dutch Pavilion during Expo 2020. You will be a part of our unique biotope in the middle of the desert of Dubai, where we harvest water, generate electricity and grow food, offering an experience to the Expo visitors that appeals to all five senses.
What you really do:
- Prepare financial reports.
- Analyze financial data.
- Monitor internal controls.
- Oversee and prepare income statements for the restaurant, boutique and the various
- Participate in budgeting processes.
- Manage financial transactions.
- Streamline accounting functions and operations.
- Coordinate auditing
- Demonstrate exemplary personal conduct.
- Balance your priorities.
- Continue to work effectively under time pressures without losing sight of quality standards.
- Submit clear reports to the Pavilion Director.
The ideal candidate we are looking for:
- A degree in accounting or the
- Fluency in English – Written and Verbal.
- Experience in UAE (a plus).
- Proven experience in finance management.
- A positive attitude and the ability work well under pressure.
- Good communication skills and strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Proficiency in accounting software & auditing experience.
- Compliance oriented & analytical skills.
You will be part of an energetic team, working with people from all over the world. . You will report to the Netherlands Pavilion Director, Mr. Niels Bouwman and the GL events Management team.
What you need to know:
- It concerns a position for 7 months, starting from 1st of September 2021 until 1st of April 2022.
- This is a temporary position, for a period of seven months, from September 1, 2021 to April 1, 2022.
- The Expo is open seven days a week, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 AM on weekdays and to 2:00 AM on weekends. The opening hours of the Dutch Pavilion will be from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Although you work 40 hours a week, you need to be available outside traditional office hours, including weekends, depending on the event planning of the pavilion.
- Your remuneration package will consist of a salary in line with local standards, accommodation, a transport allowance, return airfare to your home country, a meal allowance, a visa and insurance.
We are looking for a team player! Are you looking for a once-in-a-lifetime experience? Send your application to join our team.