We are looking for an experienced and dynamic:
Deputy Pavilion Director
Full-time: 40h/week, Location: Dubai, UAE
What you tell your friends you do:
As our Deputy Pavilion Director, you will be responsible for the overall quality, organization and management of the Dutch Pavilion in collaboration with the Pavilion Director. You will be a part of our unique biotope in the middle of the desert of Dubai, where we harvest water, generate electricity and grow food, offering an experience to Expo visitors that appeals to all five senses.
What you really do:
- Build and maintain a team of people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Oversee the line management of the operation teams, ensuring that staff perform their duties efficiently.
- Serve as the first point of contact (when the pavilion director is not available) for contractors, suppliers, the Expo organization, and more.
- Welcome and greet VIP delegations (consider for instance the Dutch government and executive delegates), both with and without the Pavilion Director.
- Deliver a five-star Dutch hospitality experience for the duration of the Expo, guaranteeing the quality and continuity of our hospitality, shop and exhibition concept.
- Manage the hospitality and facility management supervisors, run their meetings and evaluate their reports.
- Act as the liaison between the staff and clients.
- Deal with unforeseen issues as they arise.
- Report on the state of operations to the Pavilion Director and GL events.
- Ensure compliance with the Expo policy and procedures.
- Act as the driving force behind the development of the Pavilion’s operational and business model. This includes the financial plan, marketing and human resources.
Our ideal candidate we are looking for:will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- A demonstrated high level of written and oral communication skills in English; a command of Dutch language is a plus.
- The ability to manage large and diverse teams.
- Significant experience in hospitality and operation management.
- Extensive experience in operating a large-scale venue, museum or exhibition center.
- Relevant experience in curating and overseeing the development of exhibits from start to finish.
The team in a nutshell
You will be part of an energetic team, working with people from all over the world. You will report to the Netherlands Pavilion Director, Mr. Niels Bouwman and the GL events Management team.
What you get:
- This is a temporary position, for a period of seven months, from September 1, 2021 to April 1, 2022.
- The Expo is open seven days a week, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 AM on weekdays and to 2:00 AM on weekends. The opening hours of the Dutch Pavilion will be from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Although you work 40 hours a week, you need to be available outside traditional office hours, including weekends, depending on the event planning of the pavilion.
- Your remuneration package will consist of a salary in line with local standards, accommodation, a transport allowance, return airfare to your home country, a meal allowance, a visa and insurance.
We are looking for a team player! Are you looking for a once-in-a-lifetime experience? Send your application to join our team.