We are looking for an experienced and hands-on:
What you tell your friends you do:
As our Communications Advisor, you will be responsible for preparing engaging content for the Dutch Pavilion and boosting its visibility by creating cool social media content, creative videos and interviews. You will play an important role in creating our unique biotope in the middle of the desert of Dubai, where we harvest water, generate electricity and grow food, offering an experience to Expo visitors that appeals to all five senses.
What you really do:
- Overseeday-to-day communications, PR and social media content development in the Dutch Pavilion (in line with the Dutch-Dubai campaign) and will work closely with the Expo communications officer in The Hague and the communications coordinator of the Dutch Consulate in Dubai.
- Work to boost the visibility of the Dutch participation in Expo 2020 based on all assets of the Dutch
- Leverage social media content to increase target audience engagement and awareness within the visual identity of DutchDubai and in line with the social media and marketing strategies for various social media channels (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn)
- Initiate, organize and facilitate events and develop event plans for the pavilion for this purpose.
- Develop and coordinate the production of day-to-day communication and outreach materials, implementing communication and public-relations measures (media work, social media, promotions and events).
- Direct the strategic implementation of our social media platform and website in cooperation with the web editor, including copywriting / editing for these channels.
- Monitor and respond to members of the public on social platforms, and actively participate in all pavilion meetings.
- Serve as the point of contact for other country pavilions’ communication teams and press (Dutch and international).
- Deal with press visits, manage tours and organize.
- Create opportunities to increase the visibility of the Dutch Pavilion online and offline.
(The Netherlands has very high standards. All content should be stylistically polished and edited for factual accuracy and good grammar.)
Our ideal candidate should have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or journalism.
- A minimum of two to three years’ experience in a marketing or communications position.
- A solid understanding of effective marketing techniques.
- Excellent writing, video reporting, and design & editing skills.
- Spoken and written fluency in both Arabic and English (essential). Experience in the UAE (a plus),
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively and experience managing social media for an organization.
- Time management and organizational
The team in a nutshell
You will be part of an energetic communications team, working with people from all over the world. You will report to the Netherlands Pavilion Director, Mr. Niels Bouwman and the GL events management team.
What you need to know:
- This is a temporary position, for a period of seven months, from September 1, 2021 to April 1,
- The Expo is open seven days a week, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 AM on weekdays and to 2:00 AM on weekends. The opening hours of the Dutch Pavilion will be from 10:00 AM to 10:00Although you work 40 hours a week, you need to be available outside traditional office hours, including weekends, depending on the event planning of the pavilion.
- Your remuneration package will consist of a salary in line with local standards, accommodation, a transport allowance, return airfare to your home country, a meal allowance, a visa and insurance.
- We are looking for a hands-on team player! Are you looking for a once-in-a-lifetime experience? Send your application to join our team.
We are looking for a hands-on team-player! And are you looking for a lifetime experience? Send your application to join our team.