Build phase / status

Building status

80% of the Dutch pavilion is already in place! The raw construction is completed. This forms an important part of the building, on view to all visitors during Expo 2020. The sheet piles and pipes, visible from the outside, demonstrate Dutch strength in civil engineering. In order to minimise our ecological footprint, we have chosen to use predominantly locally available building and construction materials. Did you know that 80% of our building materials are locally sourced and that the remaining 20% are bio-based? This means that all materials can either be reused or recycled after the Expo.

The final 20% of the construction of the pavilion will resume in March 2021. The interior of the building will then be completed, technical systems will be installed and the pavilion will be fitted with innovative Dutch solutions. In addition, the grounds will be landscaped and the plants growing in the pavilion will be brought in. Audio-visual equipment for the visitors show will also be installed.

 

Paviljoen1 (4)
Building status contruction site Pavilion

Related content

Close Search Window
Change font size
Contrast mode
Keep up to date

Subscribe to our newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all Dutch Dubai activities, exciting business opportunities and events? Stay tuned and sign up for our monthly newsletter now!