We are looking for an passionate and experienced:
Bartenders / Baristas
Full-time: 40h/week, Location: Dubai, UAE
What you tell your friends you do:
As a Bartender / Barista, you will prepare beverages following recipes for the VIP visitors in the Netherlands Pavilion. You will deliver five-star service, day in day out. And you play a huge role in delivering the best experience to visitors and VIPs at our unique pavilion. The pavilion is not a building but a biotope in the middle of the desert of Dubai, where we harvest water from desert air, generate electricity and grow food, offering an experience to Expo visitors that appeals to all five senses.
What you really do:
- Greet customers, pass out the drinks menu and answer any questions regarding ingredients.
- Take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences for coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios).
- Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Keep the bar area clean.
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve drinks.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and offer recommendations.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails.
- Plan and present bar menu.
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies.
- Be guest-focused and provide an excellent guest experience.
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations.
- Check if brewing equipment is operating properly and report any maintenance needs.
- Comply with health and safety regulations.
- Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- A high school diploma or the equivalent (preferred).
- A relevant training certificate.
- A CV that includes work experience as a Bartender / Barista.
- An excellent knowledge of mixing, garnishing and serving drinks.
- Fluency in English; a knowledge of other language is a plus.
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- The ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean.
- An ability to gauge customers’ preferences.
- You will be part of an energetic team and collaborate with people from all over the world. You will report to VIP Lounge Supervisor.
What you get:
- This is a temporary position, for a period of six months, from the third week of September 2021 to April 1, 2022.
- The Expo is open seven days a week, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 AM on weekdays and to 2:00 AM on weekends. The opening hours of the Dutch Pavilion will be from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Although you work 40 hours a week, you need to be available outside traditional office hours, including weekends, depending on the event planning of the pavilion.
- Your remuneration package will consist of a salary in line with local standards, accommodation, a transport allowance, return airfare to your home country, a meal allowance, a visa and insurance.
We are looking for a passionate team player! Are you looking for a once-in-a-lifetime experience? Send your application to join our team.